RAD’s Pneumatic Compliance (Alignment) Devices lower your costs by allowing you to:
- Reduce robot* programming time
- Open up part tolerances
- Decrease scrap caused by misalignment
- Increase assembly speed
- Minimize part and tool damage caused by contact forces
- Reduce downtime and machine wear caused by parts jamming and wedging
RAD’s Pneumatic Compliance Device:
- Compensates for positional misalignment
- Is compliant in X and Y axes, radially (laterally), as well as rotationally
PLEASE NOTE: If you require axial (“Z” axis) or angular compliance, as well as rotational, the Ultimatic™ Collision Sensor can be used as a compliance device in some cases.
- Provides precise centering to within ±0.001″ (0.025mm)
- Features a standard pneumatic ‘lock up’ function to prevent the device from floating during rapid transport and/or to disable the compliance when it’s not needed
- Allows instantaneous transition from smooth compliance to centered rigidity
- Offers no compression in the Z axis – making it ideal for applications requiring moderate insertion forces through the center line of unit
- Allows pneumatic adjustment so user can easily change the external force required to offset the movable plate
- Positioning on an assembly line
- Aligning molds
- Locating parts in machines
- Placing washers, fans, or gears onto shafts
- Inserting bearings into drive assemblies
RAD’s Compliance Devices provide allowances for both lateral and rotational misalignments. This compliancy allows parts to automatically align themselves upon striking a lead-in chamfer or tapered guide. RAD Compliance Devices function through a series of bearings and pneumatic pistons.
* can also be used on linear actuators, pick & place machines, and other automated equipment.