- Saves You Money – by increasing machine uptime, reducing scrap, and shortening programming time.
- The compliant spindle enables the cutting bur to provide a constant force against the part while following the part profile and compensating for surface irregularities and positional tolerances without gouging the part, leaving unwanted burrs on the edge, or breaking the tool shank.
- The compliance feature of the Deburring Tool will accommodate for deviations between the robot path and tool edge so the programmers have fewer path points to program. This savings is multiplied in operations where several passes are necessary in order to achieve the desired result.
- Increases Flexibility – the variable-speed motor enables you to use the Deburring Tool on a wider variety of materials and with a wider variety of burs than fixed-RPM motors
The compliant spindle and variable-speed motor work together to increase the consistency of your part / finish.
- Provides 360° of uniform radial compliance to accommodate for part and path variation without requiring changes in robot orientation – simplifying programming
- Provides constant bur pressure against the work piece adjustable through manual or programmable pneumatic regulation
- Includes a high torque, variable-speed air motor to provide the flexibility you need to deburr a variety of parts and materials without having to purchase multiple deburring tools
- Utilizes a vane-type air motor allowing you the option to use air pressure of less than 90psi without motor stall
- Reaches into tight spots with its long, narrow spindle nose
- Runs quietly and smoothly at a low ≈77dBa
- Features unique mounting saddle:
- Mounts in your choice of 5 angles for greater flexibility – including the ability to fully utilize your robot’s 6th axis (Deburring Tools can also be pedestal mounted)
- Mounting saddle comes standard with three commonly used ISO bolt patterns or an undrilled mounting plate for easy installation
- Permits high feed rates while maintaining consistent material removal
- Produces minimal chatter and vibration
- Includes 1/4″ collet for use with standard, off-the-shelf industrial burs (6mm collet also stocked – other collet sizes available)
The RAD Compliant Deburring Tool utilizes an adjustable force, floating spindle so that the cutting bur will comply to or follow the part. The spindle is centered by the compliance air. By adjusting the compliance air, the resistance (or ‘tool pressure’) can be varied. Increasing the air motor air pressure increases the motor speed which increases the surface speed.
Variability in surface speed allows for a variety of material and burs to be accommodated by one deburring tool.
RAD Compliant Deburring Tools can be used on robot arms, cartesian robots, linear actuators, CNC holders, gantry systems, and other automated equipment or can be pedestal mounted.